Personal development is a form of coaching or mentoring that focuses entirely on you. It aims to assess and evaluate your current strengths and weaknesses in order to improve any aspect of their life that you feel needs addressing.
You are given the opportunity to assess how you are getting on in life - whether you are happy, whether you are reaching your goals, how your state of mind is affecting your relationships and so on.
Personal development is about increasing your self-awareness. By identifying areas for development and where you already have the skills we can then use the potential that already exists within you.
A personal development coach does not necessarily offer direct advice although if appropriate some may be offered for your consideration. By offering guidance in the form of personal development plans and strategies it enables you to practice effective help for yourself both now and in the future.
During personal development coaching I will
- Ask high quality questions in order to guide you to an answer.
- Encourage you to think deeply and realistically about how you currently live your life and what you would like to change.
- Challenge you by identifying inconsistencies in your thought processes.
- Support you through difficult decisions.
- Help you to devise strategies to implement your goals.
- Assist you with implementing and following a personal development plan.
What can personal development coaching for me?
As long as you feel ready to start making changes and to put the effort into implementing them, then a personal development plan could certainly help you. Do any of the following questions apply to you?
- Do you feel like you need to build a specific skill or skill set to move forward in your life?
- Do you wish you had better communication skills?
- Do you want to learn how to become more confident?
- Do you wish you were happier?
- Want more choices in your life?
The way you deal with situations determines the way the situations turn out. We can never change the events but we can manage our response to them which then determines the outcome. Learn how to address issues, challenges and difficult conversations in a productive way helping you to move forward in a positive way.